Barcelona Health Hub is based on the impressive architectural ensemble devised by Lluís Domènech i Montaner, which was the Hospital of Santa Creu i Sant Pau for almost 100 years.
It occupies more than 2000 square meters (21500 sq ft) of the Sant Manuel pavilion, combining art nouveau with the latest technology in coworking and showroom spaces.
Barcelona Health Hub is part of the health ecosystem of Sant Pau, bringing together its member companies to the Hospital, its Research Institute, the School of Medicine (UAB) and the School of Nursing (EUI-Sant Pau).
Goals of Barcelona Health Hub
- Being an international reference center in digital medicine, attracting innovation and talent.
- Stimulating innovation in health through the adoption of new digital technologies.
- Promoting companies and entities that develop their business in the digital health sector, making them more competitive.
- Positioning Barcelona as a leader, a global benchmark and European capital of the emerging digital health sector.
- Promoting collaboration among all agents in the sector.
Activities to promote the goals
- Being a meeting place for innovators.
- Conducting meetings, exhibitions, seminars and conferences that promote digital health.
- Disseminating progress and knowledge.
- Building an international reference model from Barcelona .